30 Instagram Caption Ideas
Creating content can be tricky – not knowing what to post can be so time-consuming and not constructive! I’m going to be sharing with you 30 instagram caption ideas so that you can start connecting with your followers and create sales.
The first thing I want to mention is that it is super handy having content pillars. These essentially keep you on track so that you know what type of post to create.
You want to make sure your posts are educational, inspiring, promotional and create connection. Within these four main pillars, you can then set themes. So with the connection pillar, your theme could be ‘About me’ and therefore you’d create posts that highlighted you as a person so people can find out more about you. For educational posts, you want to showcase your expertise within whatever industry you’re in. For me, it would be photography tips and more specifically – personal branding photography tips.
So now you’ve got your four pillars, it’s important to fill these categories with ideas of things to post about.
- Answer an FAQ
- What’s a myth about your industry that you’d like to set straight
- Give an update on where you are in the current climate
- Share your tips and tricks within your industry/service
- Share a recent failure and how you learnt from it
- Explain a process within your business that will help clients understand what you do better
- Film a video tutorial on how you make your product/provide your service
- Who are your favourite people to follow on social media
- What book have you read recently that inspired or challenged you
- What are you grateful for
- What is something you’ve learned recently that you’d like to share
- What are your business goals for the month/rest of the year
- Share how you usually find inspiration online
- Share a picture of your workspace
- What have been your highlights from the past week
- Share a photo of yourself and tell your followers about who you are
- What is important to you outside of work
- How do you wind down after work
- What does a day in the life of your business look like
- Share 5 things that make you incredibly happy
- Two truths and one lie – write out a caption with this formula and ask your followers to guess which ‘fact’ about you is false! Great way to get engagement and comments
- What’s a quote you’ve found encouraging that you could share with your audience
- Be your authentic self! Talk about hobbies and passions no matter how quirky or unusual they are – people connect with likeminded people so embrace your individuality!
- Explain what you’re currently working on with behind the scenes style content
- What are the core values of your business
- Share reviews and testimonials (social proof which creates trust and therefore sales)
- Detail the process of working with you
- Run a competition or giveaway to reach new followers
- Drive people to your blog/website if you’ve written a new post or updated your services
- Share User Generated Content – people that create Insta stories and tag your business – re-share it on your stories but ask your customers to send you their images/videos without any text overlay so you can use their pictures to promote your product/services
And there you have it. 30 Instagram caption ideas that you can go away and start creating now.
I hope you’ve found this helpful – be sure to check out my other tips on the blog too.
If you’re not following me already, I’d love to connect with you over on the gram – my handle is @bethlavinbranding.